Fairport Harbor West Breaklight Modern PhotosUninhabited since 1948, the classic 4-square style working building first lit in 1925, is undergoing a top to bottom makeover. The original windows on the first floor have been stripped, refinished, and the glass replaced. The plaster walls have been repaired and painted throughout. The hardwood floors on the second floor were stripped, repaired and refinished in a dark chocolate color. The entire structure was rewired to code and electricity is provided by a generator. A fully-equipped modern kitchen was installed with new cabinets, new appliances, an island and granite countertops. In addition to continuing to serve as an active aid-to-navigation maintained by the US Coast Guard, when completed, the lighthouse will be used as a vacation retreat and summer get-a-way home.